Careers at Setpoint
Setpoint Solutions Ltd specialises in the provision of building automation solutions for commercial and government facilities as well as home and lighting automation through our subsidiary company Smart Touch Ltd.
Systems Engineer Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and technically orientated person to join our team in the roles of Technician. This is a full time position based in our Setpoint Solutions Ltd’s Christchurch Office.
The role involves the following key areas:
- System engineering including finalising equipment selections and system functional operations
- Creation of system connection drawings and functional descriptions
- Configuration and programming of software along with the creation of system graphics
- Supervision of the system installation and project management work
- On site commissioning and testing of automation systems and field devices
- Project handover with provision of as built documentation and client training
- On-going system support, troubleshooting and servicing work
- Keeping up to date with automation system technology, integration solutions and data networks
The person we are seeking will be a proven performer and self starter possessing most of the following skills and attributes:
- A good practical background in a trade such as Electrical, HVAC, Refrigeration or similar
- Be very proficient with computers, operating systems and software with some understanding of networks
- Be able to deal confidently with a wide cross section of individuals and entities
- Have the ability to absorb technical system/product knowledge and provide training to others
- Have a high standard of written and oral communications
- Be able to problem solve and have a professional approach to work
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant and extensive training will be provided. Come and work for a progressive and innovative company that values and rewards staff well.
Please forward your CV along with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org